forum

Navigation du forum
Fil d’Ariane du forum – Vous êtes ici :ForumL'Amstrad CPC: EmulateursRetro Virtual machine - setup hel …
Vous devez vous identifier pour créer des messages et des sujets.

Retro Virtual machine - setup help

Hello, 

I have been trying out emulators for long time and i have some time now to sit down and start with some of the retro home pc market. I am somewhat familiar with Commodore and amiga however i wanted to take time to learn and use Amstrad cpc starting now.  I currenlty have acquired a Dell Intel laptop here are my specs: 
OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Latitude 5520
System Type x64-based PC
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1145G7 @ 2.60GHz, 1498 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

After doing some research and poking around with Amstard I tried on Retro arch first i was able to get the game to load which is in .dsk format but i am stumpped on how to get it work with keyboard of the laptop or should i use a control pad? which one is recommended for older Retro Home computers from Amstrad , AMiga, C64, Zx spectrum and MSX?

I came across this Gem of an app and having a hard time with understanding how to load the games and get it working - https://www.retrovirtualmachine.org/

are there any straigh forward Tutorials that can help me get this going. My main goal is to have Amstrad running on my new laptop along with other Game and Computer systems making my own Retro station. 

What AMstrad game pack do i DL? there are so many to choose from do i need TApe format or floppy .dsk format type games? 

PLease help. Thank you !!! ;D